The bed is the most important piece of furniture in the bedroom and hence it is essential to choose the right one that fits you perfectly. While wooden beds are the most common choice among people when it comes to bed frames, there is an increase in popularity in metal beds. If you are on the lookout for a Wakefit metal bed online and are not sure how to choose the perfect one, here is an ultimate guide.
Benefits of using Metal Beds
Before you go ahead and shop for a metal bed, knowing the benefits it offers helps as you are not swayed by the choices of materials used in bed frames.
- Strong and Durable
When it comes to durability, metal beds are a winner as they are not easily susceptible to damage. Unlike their wooden counterparts, they do not get spoiled due to termites and humidity. They do not crack or fall apart and can be used for a long time. Though it can get rusted when exposed to moisture since the bed frames are used indoors there is no worry of it getting rusted. Hence it is long-lasting and can be used for many years to come.
Metal bed frames are extremely strong and sturdy. They can withstand lots of weight for many years. The bed frame should not only bear the weight of the mattress, but has to withstand the weight of the sleepers, and hence looking for a sturdy option will ensure longevity.
- Myriad Choice of Designs
Metal bed frames come in many different designs and shapes. So based on the look for the bedroom, you can choose your bed frame design. The footboards and the headboards have exquisite designs which can enhance the aesthetics of your room. Additionally, these bed frames come in many different types of metals, colours, and finishes so it gels with any type of bedroom.
- More Convenient
The metal bed frames are convenient to use when compared to wooden bed frames. They are easy to assemble and disassemble and hence you can move them from one place to another. Moreover, these are lightweight so if you frequently switch homes or like to rearrange furniture then it is a great choice of bed frame for your bedroom. Also, there is little or no maintenance needed as the metal finish does not easily get faded. Cleaning is also simple, dust can be removed using a washcloth. Even if the metal finish fades, you can give it a refresh using a polish and the frame becomes as good as new!
One of the main benefits of using a metal bed frame is that it is inexpensive. On top of that, it comes in many budget ranges depending on the type of metal used and hence suitable for everyone. Additionally, it can last many years to come, so there is an added incentive as there is no need to invest in a new one often.
Things to Consider when Buying Metal Bed Frames
Type of Steel
Metal bed frames can be made of several types of metal:
- Steel: It is the best type of material that is used in bed frames as it offers the right balance between durability and weight. The frame and the slats are hollow because of which they are lightweight compared to other types.
- Metal alloys: If you are looking for something more luxurious, then a metal alloy like brass is the most popular choice. However, since it is pliable it cannot handle too much weight and hence is more prone to damage.
- Cast iron: These are cheaper than the steel and metal alloy frames and require fewer resources to make the bed frame. However, it is prone to rust and tends to become squeaky after a few years of use.
Size of the Mattress
If you already have a mattress that offers great comfort and support and have no reason to purchase a new one, pick a bed frame based on the size of the mattress. If you have a queen size mattress, then you should opt for a queen-size bed frame. Ensure that the bed frame is the same size as that of the mattress as it can not only affect the comfort but also the durability of the mattress and the frame.
Tips to consider when buying a bed frame are:
- Consider the age, height, weight, and whether sleeping with a partner to buy the right size.
- People who do not share a bed like kids, teens, etc can use a single bed.
- If you have more than one child at home, then picking the metal bunk beds is the best choice as they are very convenient and functional.
- Double beds are ideal for young adults as it is slightly bigger than the single beds.
- Couples can opt for a queen size bed frame as it is ideal for two sleepers to sleep snugly.
- If you have a larger room and like space, king size metal beds are available.
Size of the Bedroom
The bed is the largest piece of furniture that you will have in your bedroom but you don’t want to buy a bed that does not fit into the room perfectly. If the bed is too large, the room can feel overwhelmed and claustrophobic. Whereas a smaller bed means less comfort while sleeping and it does not gel with the feel of the room. Also, check out the space-saving bed frame options with drawers underneath or shelves in the headboard.
- Platform beds are the simplest of designs that use a simple platform on which mattresses are laid. It is lower to the ground compared to other types and comes from modern to traditional designs.
- Four-poster beds have four posts at each corner of the bed. They create a dramatic effect on the bedroom and it becomes the focus of the space.
- A canopy bed is another four-poster bed but has an upper frame with fabric covering. It gives an old-world charm to the room.
- Metal sleigh beds with elegant carving give a romantic feel to the bedroom.
The size of the bed frame and the type of metal used determines the cost. However, opting for a cheap bed frame can affect the durability and longevity of the frame. Choose a frame from a reputed company that is known for quality in manufacturing and the overall product.
Metal beds are a great choice for bed frames. They are not only sturdy, durable, and easy to care for but also come in various designs and colours to suit the decor of your bedroom. However, making the right choice makes all the difference. So consider the above factors and buy a metal bed online that is comfortable and perfect for you!