Every one of us favors a home that is beautiful and appealing inside out. Though we spend more of our time indoors we should give enough devotion to our outdoor space too.
One option to revamp the outdoor space is by using artificial turf. More and more homeowners are using them to beautify their space but they to come with their set of pros and cons like all commodities.
Below, we shall see what are the basic pros of artificial turf for your home.
Pros of Artificial Turf
1. Artificial turf is very durable. It can withstand wear and tear and last up to 25 years or more. That’s a whole lot to expect from any material these days. Artificial turf can withstand even the harshest of weather.
2. Artificial turf is a time saver. Natural grass needs a major portion of our time and energy to be maintained. With artificial turf, you will save both of these resources because artificial turf doesn’t need regular up keeping. You don’t need to fret about maintenance too.
3. Artificial turf is cost-effective. Can you imagine unparalleled quality at low costs? With artificial turf, it is indeed possible because you won’t have to pay for the gardener, heavy machinery, pesticides, and fertilizers once it is installed. And the installation is also not a dent to the wallet.
4. Artificial turf is safe for pets and kids. When you have kids and pets at home you have to rethink your whole décor options keeping in mind comfort and maintenance. Artificial turf is safe for children and pets because you will not have to worry about small insects or rodents creeping in the grass that might potentially hurt them. Natural grass is home to various bacterial infections ready to attack your loved ones. Since artificial grass is all synthetic filaments, so you won’t have to fret about them getting infected.
5. Artificial turf is multipurpose. Due to its wide array of benefits and extremely understated care instructions, artificial turf is multipurpose. It is of equal vitality to homes, schools, offices, gymnasiums, sports arenas, stadiums, play areas, etc. The list is endless.
Cons of Artificial Turf.
After discussing the pros lets shed some light on the cons too, though not many, and the pros do outweigh them.
1. Artificial turf builds up surface heat. That’s one of the major concerns with artificial turf that it heats up slightly in high temperatures. The sort of landfill used to base the turf also contributes to surface heat. Artificial turf though withstands heat and high temperature but if a lump of burning coal falls in it is possible to damage the surface of the turf.
2. Artificial turf builds up an odor. As we know artificial turf is all synthetic and if not properly cleaned it will facilitate the piling up of debris leading to unpleasant odors. Natural grass is highly decomposable and artificial turf is not.
Conclusion. This was a brief guide to facilitate you before you choose to install artificial turf in your outdoor space.